Thursday, February 10, 2011

Ugh.

So, I got off work early today, which is a good thing.  And I got in a good workout at the gym, another good thing.  Then as I'm pumping gas, I had a major slip on the ice and now have scrapes all up my left leg, a sore twisted ankle, AND got my new nikes dirty.  Hence the "Ugh!" Oh, and I'm also doing laundry with Chris tonight...and I HATE doing laundry at laundromats.  I have fantasies about owning my own washer and dryer some day soon so I can wash clothes regularly instead of every few weeks when the hampers full to the brim.  Ugh.


Okay, I'll try to make this a positive blog from here out.

Chris and I went to Nashville this past weekend with our friends Nathan and Sarah, and we had a blast.  The live music there is just too much fun, and we recognized a lot of the bands from when we were there last year.  I fell in love with one of the bands who were playing a wide array of covers and asked about the possibility of them playing at the wedding....and then the singer told me the approximate fee and I about died.  He gave me a free cd though, so I didn't come up totally empty handed.  We also bought a Christmas ornament while we were there, thus starting our new tradition of collecting ornaments on all our trips to make sure our first tree has some sentimental ornaments on it :)

Isn't he cute?

This weekend, Jenny and I are gonna meet with a potential photographer. Wish us luck!  I've looked through their online portfolio and know a friend who used them for her wedding and she loved them.  I have high hopes, and it feels so good to be getting stuff done!

Next Saturday, Chris and I are looking at The Tap Room again, this time with an actual reception going on.  I feel bad crashing a wedding, but Chris needs a peek at it with people in the room before he'll let me put down a deposit.  I think once we get that settled, It'll all be smooth sailing.  At least until I start stressing about how to decorate the place.

Honeymoon wise, we found the coolest place, Hotel on the Cay in St. Croix, US Virgin Islands, through my parent's time share company.  Right now we're on a waiting list, so hopefully people will trade a week out so that we can go.  A 5 acre island in the middle of the harbor, no roads, no cars, snorkeling on site.  Seriously, what could be better?  Our second choice is also in St. Croix at  Chenay Bay.  Stunning pictures, I can't get over how clear the water is.  Thank goodness Chris has a water proof camera, because wherever we end up, we both want to spend a lot of time snorkeling.

436 days to figure it all out :)  I definitely won't need that much time, but at least I'll have time to relax in between all the upcoming big decisions!

No comments:

Post a Comment