Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sisters

You can always count on sisters for a silly photo.  Claire and her tootsie roll pop make this picture fantastic.
I'm a lucky girl.

Not only do I have my wonderful sister, Claire, to call and vent to just about every day (not to mention live vicariously through her since she's a college sophomore right now)...and Jenny, my FSIL, who lives literally 3 exits down the highway from me...and Alexcia, who has been my roommate and confidante since freshman year of college....but I also have Morgan and Nisha, who have been my very best friends since high school and junior high, respectively.

I spent the past weekend in Conway, Arkansas visiting with Morgan and her husband and Nisha.  Nisha was just in St. Louis for a quick weekend, but I haven't seen Morgan, or Mogee as I lovingly call her, since her own wedding in August 2009.  These two girls make up the other 2/3 of "Kamorganishatie" a nickname we dubbed upon ourselves our senior year of high school.  We all have birthdays 5 days apart, me being the middle birthday, and I swear it was a sign that we were meant to be friends for life. I actually met Nisha in 7th grade and then Morgan in 9th grade when my family moved to Cabot.  We all went to Arkansas Governor's School between our junior and senior years of high school and Morgan and Nisha hit it off, so naturally I pulled the "I already knew her" card with Nisha and we became BFFs, literally.

Morgan is such a cute newlywed it makes me even more excited to get married. Seriously, her husband is awesome (and was also at Governor's School with us) and I love him more and more each time I'm around him.  I joked with Morgan this weekend that he and I have so much in common, it's no wonder she married him :)  Nisha is a 3rd year med student and is our never ending source of entertainment. She's so pretty and smart and funny and just worldly, I can't help but admire her.

These 2 girls, combined with Claire, Jenny, and Alexcia make up my bridesmaids.  A fun and beautiful group of girls that I can't wait to share my day with, not to mention have them all meet each other. Finally.

Morgan, Me, and Nisha at Morgan's bachelorette Party





This may be my favorite picture from Morgan's wedding weekend. 
Jenny's "Jersey Shore" birthday March 2010. So.Much.Fun.


Alexcia and I never fail to have fun, even with a bucket.

"A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life." - Isadora James

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, FSIL, did you really have to go and post a photo of me in which I look ORANGE!? Let's try to take some cute "normal" pictures this weekend, deal?

    ReplyDelete