Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year!

Well 2010 is officially behind us, only 475 days to go til the big W. :)

2010 was very, very good to me.  Chris and I made a lot of trips, some to new places and some to old favorites.  I think a photo recap is in order :)

We started the year off with a trip to Cincinnati, and of course had to hit up a Xavier basketball game.  We even got to meet the Blue Blob!

Next came a trip to Nashville for the Super Bowl with our friends Nathan and Sarah. The guys are the best of friends and are just adorable together.


 Early spring brings Mardi Gras to St. Louis and we can't pass up this crazy and fun filled weekend each year.




Chris' sister and her roommate both have March birthdays and threw the most amazing "Jersey Shore" theme party.  This picture doesn't do the bash justice.
I was lucky to get to spend a girls weekend in Memphis with my roommate and two other friends from SLU. It was a quick but fun trip.

In April, Chris and I made a trip out to see his Aunt and Uncle in Phoenix and had an amazing week seeing the land, even making it to the Grand Canyon. The picture at the top of the blog is from this trip.  We spent an afternoon in Sedona and the Red Rocks were breathtaking.

What's spring in St. Louis without baseball...or rain?  Chris and I went to most of the Cardinals/Reds games this year.  This game in particular had a 2 or 3 hour rain delay...I don't recall details, mostly because the beer service didn't stop :)  You can probably tell we had a good time.

Each year, Chris is lucky to spend a week in Canada with his dad and other friends or family.  This summer he went way up north into Ontario with his dad and two uncles.  He always comes back to me as a mountain man with all kinds of fish stories.




 In June, my family spent a week in Granby, Colorado.  This week was very special because my older brother Tim was visiting from Qatar and Chris got to spend a week with my entire family.  We had a blast and I've been itching to get back out west ever since.






For the July 4th weekend, we had originally planned to accompany a group of friends to a lake house in Tennessee...but that fell through (long story) and we all met up in Chicago for the weekend.  It was my first time there and I loved the busy city.  Good times with good friends.  I hope you can tell we're at Wrigley for a Reds/Cubs game, and I'm wearing my Cardinals hat :)

In August, my "baby" brother turned 17.  I got him tickets to a Something Coporate concert here in St. Louis.  He came out with our sister Claire and we had so much fun.  It was great to share the experience with them, especially since this is a band I listened to when I was 17.  Side note:  I took my sister to a concert for the lead singers other band, Jack's Mannequin, in February...but we both forgot our cameras, so no pictures from that one. 


September came and went with no pictures, even though I had my birthday...not sure why I didn't use my camera.  Then came October :)


So I bought Chris tickets to the Bengals v. Dolphins game for his birthday, and we headed to Cincinnati for the Halloween weekend.  We dressed as Frank and Charlie from one of our favorite shows for a Halloween party, cheered on the Bengals, and oh, GOT ENGAGED! :)  I loved October.



We spent Thanksgiving in Cincinnati, and oddly, I have no pictures from that trip.

In early December, my roommate and I went to Chicago for a 3 day weekend.  The whole weekend I wanted to see the bean in Millennium Park, which we did...en route to the airport.  Note the suitcases in our picture :)


For Christmas, I headed home to Kansas and Chris went to Ohio.   Though I missed him, I had a great time spending the holiday with my family.



We spent New Years with our friends Nathan and Sarah at The Wine Tap and had a fantastic time, complete with Chris playing his New Years horn to the tune of Billy Joel's "Piano Man" and Nathan trying to book the band for our wedding.

So that was my year; full of travel, family, and friends.  Looking back through all these pictures reminds me how truly blessed I am to have such great people in my life.  Though I can't imagine anything topping this year, I'm very much looking forward to what 2011 has to bring...and to being closer to 4.21.2012 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment