Sunday, December 26, 2010

The best example

I've had an absolutely wonderful Christmas trip home.  I wish I could stay longer than this weekend, but I bet one day longer and they'd be begging me to leave :)  My dad mentioned today that he'd forgotten how cranky I get when I'm tired...Me? Cranky?  Never.... :)

Mom, Claire, and I hit up a bridal store here in Wichita this afternoon.  Just to look and touch and ooh and ahh.  I didn't try anything on, but fell even more in love with a dress I've been oogling over online since before Chris proposed. Yes, I am that girl who had her dress picked out before being engaged.  So, I made the executive decision that mom must spend her MLK holiday weekend driving to St. Louis so I can try on, and hopefully buy, THE dress.  Of course, I'll try on a variety, just to be sure.  Though really, I'm convinced I've found my dress.  Fingers crossed it actually looks good on me!

Okay, to the point of my title...

How pretty is my mom?!

Look at how happy my parents are :)  I can honestly say that they've been like this for as long as I've been around, and I bet its safe to say they were like this the 4 years before I joined this world too.  I am so unbelievable lucky to have had two great role models of what love, family, and a marriage should be and can be.  I think it's easy to forget how blessed we are to have the people in our lives to guide us and support us and teach us how to love.  

I think my parents' priest summed it up best in today's homily: "We pick our friends because they are like us.  God gives us our family to learn to love people who are different." 

No comments:

Post a Comment