Sunday, June 12, 2011

Wah.

So Chris has been gone since last Tuesday (5 days if you're counting)  and has been out of contact since Friday evening when he crossed over to Canada for his annual fishing trip.  He did call me Saturday morning for one last chat before heading off into the wilderness for a week, which was so sweet I tear up thinking about it.

I gotta tell ya, the old adage "absence makes the heart grow fonder" couldn't be more true.  I swear, it really feels like there is something missing, as cheesy as that sounds.  Whats funny is that this is not the first time he's gone off on this trip with no way to talk, text, or email, for a week. But this is the first time since we've been engaged, and I think that's what is making this especially hard. 

I've got quite a week ahead of me,  between work, yoga, Shakespeare in the park, my FMIL coming to visit, and a lake trip, I really should be so busy that he'll be back before I know it.  But its late, I'm tired, and it's Sunday. Our day.  And all I want to do is hear his voice tell me goodnight.

So for now, I'll be that girl that calls his phone even though I know its off, just to hear him awkwardly say his name for his voicemail.

I promise my next post wont be so sappy or sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment