Friday, November 11, 2011

Hi there!

How appropriate is it that there is a "Say Yes to the Dress" marathon on tonight and I have my first dress fitting tomorrow?  I am soooooo excited!

I think this may be the thing that puts me over the edge into bridezilla territory.  I'll finally have my dress, which  makes it tangible that I'M GETTING MARRIED!

Okay, now for the serious/reflective portion of this post....

My grandfather passed away a little over a week ago now, so I've been a bit...emotional. That's probably putting it lightly, ask Chris and he'd probably say something worse.  I was asked by my grandmother to speak at the memorial mass, and though it may be one of the hardest things I've ever done, I'm glad I did. It's so hard saying goodbye, but there is so much beauty in reflecting on the life of someone who lived such a long, love filled life.

An overarching theme to the service and to my grandfather's life as a whole, was his love for my Grandma.  This Thanksgiving would mark their 56th wedding anniversary.  56 years.  I can't even imagine, and I'm so impressed and overwhelmed with what a love like there's conveys. My granddad would tease and tease my grandma in a way that only one who truly loves and cherishes someone could.  I can't even describe how my heart felt when I heard how he knew shortly after meeting my grandma that she was the girl he'd be with forever, because that's how I felt about Chris. My grandma is such an amazing lady and cared for and loved my grandfather with everything she had until his last day on earth, and continues to do so now that he's gone. I aspire to be like her in all that I do in life and love.

Chris and I are so lucky to have such great examples of marriages in our families.  It means so much to know we have such great legacies of love that have come before us to show us the right way.


As today is Veteran's day and my granddaddy was a WWII Veteran, I thought I'd share a picture of him, in all his sassy, handsome glory. :)





1 comment: