Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Well what do ya know....2 days in a row!


As promised, here's a quick photo tour of the new place.  Please excuse the graininess of the pictures, I was using my cell phone because I have no idea where I put my camera when I unpacked. Oh the joys of moving....


First up is our living room.  The first picture is the China Cabinet we got from our future brother-in-law when he moved into his new home.  I can't wait to fill it up with my nice things :)  Obviously, the living room is a little empty. Eventually we will move Chris' couch and recliner over and get a new entertainment center.  I plan to use the stand the TV is on right now in the kitchen since it matches the cabinets and our dining table. 

I guess that's a good segue into the dining area/kitchen!


Look closely and you'll see my FAVORITE part.  THE DISHWASHER!!!! No more pruney hands and fingers from hand washing everything, hallelujah!

Here's a shot of me in action!  Venison soft tacos, yum!

Next is our guest bedroom.  Please don't judge the tigger sitting on the bed.  There were some things I just couldn't part with.  We're debating how to decorate the walls in here.  The deer heads have to go somewhere and this room may just be the compromise...



Finally, we have the master bedroom with our newly inherited furniture from Mama and Papa Thu.  Again, a little sparse in the decor area, but we're working on it.  I LOVE the closet space.  I was smart and closed the doors on my side because, well, it's kind of overflowing.  It would appear I have a little more downsizing to do.


Please note, the bed is made.  So far, I've made it every morning after getting up, a habit I'm sure my mother would've loved for me to have picked up years ago....

No shots of the bathroom, sorry.  It's kind of plain because I've got a bed and bath themed shower coming up and we're waiting to get accessories for it til after that.

I forgot to mention in my last post that we just celebrated Mardi Gras here in St. Louis.  It was a blast, as usual.  We managed to snag some pretty sweet VIP tickets that got us into an area with catered cajun food and an open bar of beer and hurricanes, no complaints here! 
I know, I know.  We are so cute :)



No comments:

Post a Comment