Thursday, November 4, 2010

I daydream too much...

I drive a lot for my job, and today I caught myself daydreaming (while stopped at lights of course!) a lot.  Couple that with the e-mails I've gotten from Jenny, my future sister in law, and Cindy, my future mother in law, and my head is just swimming with ideas for my perfect wedding.

Here's what I've thought of most, in no great detail and by no means permanent:
1. Blue, grey, and yellow color scheme. Still thinking about this one though.
2. There will be more Jelly Belly Jelly Beans "Sours" than I've ever dreamt of.
3. I want to use light as a decor theme and, surprisingly, I don't think I want a lot of flowers used for centerpieces.
4. I want to have DIY flare, but I'm not sure how capable I am of doing all the fun things I've seen here
 and here.  Lucky for me I've got Jenny, who is not only responsible for turning me on to these links, but also very crafty.  I doubt I'll have problems talking her into helping me.
5. There will be lots of dancing and drinking.  We are Catholic after all.
6. Mostly, I just want the wedding and reception to be simple, clean, and chic.

I'm sure at some point down the road I'm going to have to come to terms with the fact that the wedding/reception I see in my head is not only unattainably expensive, but something that my other half wouldn't be a fan of. But hey, he's not the one blogging, so I will dream away :)

No comments:

Post a Comment