Sunday, November 28, 2010

Some Progress!

Well it's officially after Thanksgiving now!  I spent the long Holiday weekend in Cincinnati with Chris and his family and it was so nice to have a long break to relax and enjoy their company.  I swear everytime I visit the Thumann family, we discover more things in common (especially me and Steve) and I feel like I've been a member of the family for years already.  Plus we got to celebrate with friends and I met some more members of Chris' extended family, like his sweet 90 year old Aunt Melba who was the life of the party post-Thanksgiving dinner.

So now that the "no wedding talk til after Thanksgiving" ban has been officially lifted, my short term to do list can finally take real shape:

1.  Set the date!  I will be calling the church tomorrow to reserve April 21, 2012 :)
2.  Compile a list of reception/catering options and set up tours for after Christmas.
3.  Continue to nag Chris to ask all his guys to be groomsmen.  He doesn't feel any rush and it's driving me crazy.
4.  Confirm a tentative guest list with our parents so I know just how many people we should plan on wining and dining :)
5.  Register for a Pre-Cana retreat with the Diocese this coming February.
6.  Find a photographer and set up an engagement shoot for early spring 2011.

Not to mention Christmas shopping...since its nearly December and I haven't done any.  I'm going to Chicago this coming weekend so hopefully I'll pick up some gifts while I'm there.

Needless to say, I'm exhausted.  Holidays and traveling take a lot out of me, and I dying to get to sleep.  More updates to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment