Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I'm turning into a monster....

I just emailed my mother 3 times in the last 10 minutes.  Once with a tentative guest list, again with a corrected guest list, because I somehow left off 10 relatives, including my grandpa.  Oops!  The third one was intended to make her laugh and just had this attached:

That would be Jenny, Steve, and Chris circa 1986 I'd guess.  The Thumanns have this framed in their living room.  It can't be hard to see why this is one of my favorite pictures (and why I love the Thumann clan so much). 

I've been a busy bridezilla the last few days.  I set the date, booked the church, and registered us for a Pre-cana Saturday course in February.  I've also gotten a few quotes from reception sites and am compiling a stack of catering menus to compare.  I still have my heart set on the Soulard Preservation Hall, but there are few other places that have caught my eye recently that I'll have to look into a bit more.  I'm having a hard time fighting the urge to just book everything now, but I know if I don't leave myself something to work on I'll get too anxious about having to wait til the wedding day.

The biggest news of the week I suppose is the date itself: April 21, 2012.  2 weekends after Easter and it also happens to fall on my cousin Ted's 15th birthday.  So I'll be thinking of all the ways to embarrass him at the reception too. :)

2 more days of work for me then it's off to Chicago for a girls weekend.  Chris is heading back to the deer woods tomorrow for a few days.  We should probably stop going out of town if we're ever going to get this wedding planned!

No comments:

Post a Comment